Drug Charges Can Have Long-Term Consequences
A drug conviction is something you do not want on your record. The consequences will continue long after you have dealt with issues such as jail time, loss of your driver’s license and probation. In the future, you may not be able to get a student loan. You could have difficulty renting an apartment. You may be disqualified from certain careers. Years down the road, you may be unable to obtain a professional license.
At Cataldo Law Offices, L.L.C., our criminal defense lawyers are here to prevent a drug charge from standing between you and the future you want for yourself. Our law office is in Franklin, and we represent clients in the Boston metro area and throughout Massachusetts. Call 508-570-2025 for a free initial consultation.
Out attorneys handle all types of drug charges, including:
- Drug possession: Though drug possession may be charged as a misdemeanor, you will still have a damaging criminal record if you plead guilty.
- Possession with intent: You may be charged with possession with intent to distribute even if you had no intent of selling the drugs.
- Drug sales: These charges can be enhanced if you possessed a weapon or sold drugs near a school or playground.
- Drug manufacturing: Manufacturing of meth or another chemical is an extremely serious charge that can mean a lengthy prison sentence
- Drug trafficking or distribution: Depending on the quantity and other factors, you could face a serious jail sentence if convicted.
We defend clients facing charges involving marijuana, cocaine/crack cocaine, methamphetamine (meth), heroin and other illegal drugs. We also represent clients facing prescription drug charges. You can be charged with illegal possession of a prescription drug simply for carrying a friend’s or family member’s prescription.
Whatever the charges against you, we will apply an aggressive defense. We will:
- Determine whether police had a right to stop
- Determine whether or not the police conducted a proper search and seizure
- Investigate whether the drugs were actually in your possession
- Analyze the arrest to determine if police made errors
Asset forfeiture proceedings: One of the biggest weapons Massachusetts prosecutors have is the ability to take your assets based on nothing more than the suspicion they are derived from drug profits. Our lawyers know forfeiture laws and will fight to protect your assets.
Schedule A Free Drug Charge Consultation
Talk to us — call 508-570-2025 or fill out our contact form to arrange a free initial consultation about drug charges.